Lumiere Cafe and Patisserie, Surry Hills

There aren't much brunch places that I visit more than 1 time, cause I'm always finding some place new to explore. But somehow, Lumiere Cafe and Patisserie in Surry Hills is an exception, for I've been here at least 4 times, and I'll still be coming back in the future.

Maybe it's the good food with generous portion or maybe it's the location that's convenience.
Oh, and it has the perfect walking distance to Messina on Crown St. So after the huge meal, I can let the food goes down a bit more, before I have my ice cream.
I think it's one of my routine every weekend to have my brunch, followed by Messina.
Does anyone else follow Gelato Messina on Instagram? If you don't you should. They update their Instagram on every weekly specials, and the flavours are always so appetizing.

Anyway, here are the food I ordered on my few visits to Lumiere Cafe and Patisserie.

------



Lumiere Nicoise Salad - Seared tuna steak with crispy potatoes, soft boiled egg, tomatoes, green peas, kalamata olives, caperberries (AUD 20)

I was so happy to see everything on the plate. The tuna steak were seared to my liking, which is barely blushing in the middle and caramelised on the top. I switched the soft boiled egg to a poached egg and all the vegetables were perfectly seasoned with the olives and caperberries adding saltiness to the dish. Very light, but filling lunch. Finished the whole dish myself.



Lumiere Style Eggs Benedict - poached eggs, prosciutto, grilled asparagus, rocket, hollandaise, on toasted croissant (AUD 19)

I'm a fan of Eggs Benedict, but not too fond of the English muffin it's supposed to be served on. So Lumiere's Style I love, as it was served on perfectly toasted croissant, covered by the generous slices of prosciutto. Just when you feel that everything is too heavy, the grilled asparagus and rocket adds to the vegetable-ness of the dish. Vegetableness ain't really a word. But you know how after a heavy meal you want some veggies to sort of "balance" things out?
No?
Okay, maybe that's just me.......



Lumiere's Famous Wagyu Beef Burger - with bacon, tomato, beetroot, provolone cheese, lettuce, horseradish mayo, homemade tomato relish, served with fries (AUD 20)

Feeling super hungry? Worry not. Lumiere's famous burger will surely fill you from morning till before dinner. The burger was quite huge, and the fries on side was oh so generous. Perfect meal for those with big appetite. The patty weren't too thick, but was very juice. But, the tomato relish was too sweet for my liking. 
I'm loving the use of horseradish mayo for the sauce, adds a very nice flavour to the whole thing.



Corn Cake Stack - poached eggs, bacon, avocado mash, homemade tomato relish, served on sourdough toast (AUD 19)

Can't help but adore how perfectly they poached the eggs. Look at how clean and round the eggs are, it's looks impossible.
Anyway, the corn cake itself was not very rich in flavour, and the tomato relish was still too sweet for my liking, I had to add a lot of salt to it. So this dish may be the least I like from everything I've tasted here.


French Toast of Brioche - with caramelised banana, crispy bacon & pure canadian maple syrup (AUD 19)

I've heard about maple bacon, but I haven't tried it anywhere, until this dish. And I gotta say, bacon and maple syrup are coupled for a reason. They're a match made in heaven. Especially with the very, very rich brioche french toast covered with good maple syrup.
I was drooling, just thinking about the bacon, let alone the brioche.
The caramelised banana contrasted the saltiness of the bacon nicely.
Man, I'll do anything just to have that bacon right now...



Ricotta Hot Cakes - with mixed berry compote, mascarpone, pure canadian maple syrup and honeycomb (AUD 20)

Best ricotta hot cakes I've tasted. Super thick and fluffy, smothered in sweet maple syrup, on a pool of sour mixed berry compote. Although, I do prefer the mascarpone to be switched to a vanilla ice cream. Or better yet, mascarpone ice cream. Oh yum, yum.
Anyway, a must have to share for dessert! Or in my case, pre-dessert before my Messina.
No wonder I have no luck in dieting.


-------------------------------------------

Food: 8/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Price: $$

Lumiere Cafe & Patisserie on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts