Sisterfield, Bali

Oh, look at that. Another month of not posting.
 I have been editing food pics, but I didn't have the chance to write and post. But, now I finally have the chance to write. Yay!

So I went to Bali a few weeks ago for my friends' wedding. Have you ever seen wedding venues in Bali? They are amazing. Very, very romantic setting, especially when you're lucky to catch the beautiful sunset of Bali. I'll share one picture at the end of this post :)

Anyway, in the morning before the holy matrimony, me and my friends had the chance to have brunch in this hype brunch place that just opened in Bali. I've been putting this on top of my list before I went and even looked it up on Instagram to see the menu. By the way, is it just me or does anyone else hashtag-search a restaurant just to see what the food looks like, instead of just looking at the menu?
I do it all the time, especially at midnight. Maybe I like the challenge of sleeping while having a growling tummy.

--------------

Being in Sisterfields takes me back to Sydney. The salad bar near the entrance, the freshly baked pastries on the countertop, the coffee brewing. And the fact that there's lots of Aussies there.




First place in Indonesia to serve free water!
Although it's definitely not tap water. Because God knows what's in Indonesia's tap water, that we can't drink it.


Smooth Operator - Banana, strawberry, honey, yogurt (IDR 55.000)

Fresh smoothies are very much needed considering I had been sweating crazy under Bali sun. So this was a perfect option in Bali's forever summer weather. 
It was thick and huge, I was struggling to finish it after my meal, so I think it's best to share.
The green bits in it was mint leave blended through the smoothies. I have to say the leaves ruined the smoothie's already-great flavour, just because I don't like mint leaves.


Cappuccino (IDR 28.000)

I was missing the chocolate powder on top, but the froth was perfect. The coffee itself was also good. One of the top coffees I've had in Indo.


House Hot Smoked Salmon Bagel - with caper cream cheese (IDR 80.000)

This were my friends meal, and she said that the bagel was too hard to cut, or chew. Although I did have a taste of the smoked salmon and cream cheese. As always, those two are perfect combos and I love their smoked salmon! Top notch. Too bad the bagel was too hard.



Eggs Your Way - bacon, sauteed mushroom, roast tomato, spinach on grilled sourdough (IDR 75.000)

This was the most uncreative order made by yours truly. You know when there's too much choices, sometimes we go for the one we know is going to be good. And I was also craving for some egg, bacon and shrooms, and sourdough.
The best part is, because they offered 2 eggs, I can choose to have one scrambled and one poached. The eggs were done perfectly both ways, and the other elements, except for spinach. It was bitter for some reason. Anyway, finished this dish happily.


Sisterfields Dirty Burger - two beef patties, smoked cheese, pickled onion rings, mustard, aioli and special house sauce served with hand cut chips (IDR 80.000)

Talk about huge meal! This, I must say, was the best of all dishes we ordered. Let me break it down to you.
The double beef patties, so juice, I thought it was a watermelon (I tend to take exaggeration to the next level). They have just great flavours.
Smoked cheese, perfectly melted, covered the beef patties.
The mustard and aioli complement the crispy onion rings really well.
Those were served in between two buttery, soft buns.
Oh and the chips, just like McDonalds'.




Pulled Pork Charcoal Roll - with fennel & cabbage coleslaw, home made bbq sauce (IDR 70.000)

I love pulled pork! In fact, I love everything slow-cooked until it's so friggin tender and juicy. This pulled pork and coleslaw combo was perfect, the bbq sauce was nice too. Unfortunately, the charcoal roll was really like a charcoal. Black and hard. It was too hard to be cut, let alone chew.
But, leave the roll, the filling was very yummy.



Brioche French Toast - with caramelised banana, banana ice cream, candied walnuts, walnut whip & maple syrup (IDR 65.000)

I never forget about dessert. And how perfect does brioche french toast sound? I have to say that this is one of the best french toast I've had. First, because of the banana everything, and I love banana. The banana ice cream was so good and the texture was perfect with the addition of walnut and caramelised banana. Not too sweet, but definitely full of banana! Yumm-o.

------------

ps: All prices are subject to 10% government tax and 5% service charge.

------------

Sisterfields in Seminyak, Bali, is a must-go-to place in Bali if you're looking for good all-day breakfast. Although, yes, Bali's local food are great and super good. But if you're craving for some good Aussie breakfast, Sisterfields is the answer.

Food: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10
Price: $$



Website


------------------

And as I promised, here's some pics of my friends Nicho and Liza wedding:




Comments

  1. If I hadn't seen the title of this post I'd swear this is a cafe in Syd or something haha. And OMG the wedding venue is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts